Friday, September 08, 2006

Nothin Much To Say

September 8

Sometimes there's nothing much to say so you don't say much. That's okay, isn't it? I saw Bob Dylan on TV last night doing an iPod commercial. He was sitting on a stool wearing that strange Zorro suit that he likes and singing a blues song, solo acoustic. Right there off to the side, in front, and at times almost on top of him, was a liquid and lithesome raven-haired beauty undulating in dusky sexual trance dance and holding an iPod, it's white mellenial wiring glowing up to her ears. It was very strange. I wish I could have seen the Victoria's Secret commercial that he did last year. Way to go Bob. The Times They Have A-Changed.

Saw some soldiers going through the Pike Market this afternoon. They all seemed to be in their thirties. I wanted to go up to them and say, "You don't have to go. We will help you if you refuse. Just say no." But in these times that's probably a federal offence, like interfering with a police officer only more so. I saw one blond haired thirty something woman hoot and give a big wave and say, "You guys are the best! Love you!" I wondered what they were actually doing that made them so good. Sitting at a desk in Fort Lewis? I don't think its smart to jump to rapid fire conclusions like that.

Artis and I went around to a few businesses today at the Market getting some last minute sponsorships for the festival. It's happening next weekend on the 17th. Buskers' Week starts on Monday. Seattle is the only city in the country that has a Buskers' Week. How about that! Eat that one, Paul Allen! Emery carl - the skinny tall man who balances guitars on his chin while doing hoola hoops, yeah that guy - and myself, and Artis are going to go around town that week and play at different places, pass pout flyers, do a signboard thing. I think that Buskers' week is something to be proud of, and so is the festival. And so is the fact that we have done so much with what we had.

Speaking of Paul Allen.... No, I'd rather not. I'll let this go for now. Sometimes there's just not much to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home