Saturday, August 05, 2006

August 5, 2006

Seafair Weekend, lots of noise. The big bad Blue Angels doing their dangerous acrobatics over the houses. Slamming audio-cacophonic hydroplain races on the lake. Lots of drinking, lots of trash, lots of traffic. Why do people go to this stuff? If I had PTSD I'd be hiding under the bed. It's like a great big recruiting display for the overstimulated youths.

Oh well. There are more important things to do. There's a film crew in town doing a documentary on busking. I'm the guy who made it legal back in '74 so they want to talk to me. I'm also a founding member of the Pike Market performers' Guild (PMPG), along with Artis and Jim Hinde. So they want to talk to all of us. Briggs, Lance Tigner, Twister Thomas. We all sat out on the sun baked concrete beside the too expensive French restaurant and had conversations with the cameras. It was a blast. Niceol is in Ireland so she wasn't there. Emery was at a funeral. Dave was nowhere to be seen.

I was hesitant at first - movie people from "down there" coming to my town. But they turned out to be real cool. Real nice people with good ideas. There's more to come tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home